photo HEADER2_zpsztxreyz7.png

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

3 Week Old Levi + Birth Story

We’re alive! Sorry for the radio silence over here, I’m just trying to keep a couple humans alive. #whichisnteasy I thought I would share Levi’s first basket pictures with a little bit of his birth story. He’s already 6 weeks so I’m behind on posting but thankfully not toooooo far behind on taking pictures. I never really shared too much from Mack’s birth because it was well, awful.  Here’s a quick recap: no eating and bed rest for 3 days, magnesium (aka you feel like you're in a dream, a bad dream), 3 methods of induction (balloons aren’t just for birthday parties), a pee incident that I shouldn’t share on the internet and Mack ended up in the NICU from me being on magnesium.  Needless to say, I wanted to have a completely different experience which meant I had to keep my blood pressure in check. It is a double-edged sword for me. I needed to not be anxious while they took my blood pressure and that’s was not easy from all that happened with my first experience.

My blood pressure stayed relatively okay through most of my appointments.  By the time I got to 38 weeks my doctor decided we should just get the show on the road and I was totally okay with this.  Tall Tan Man tried to convince me we should just not show up for my induction... bc “we” weren’t ready. πŸ˜‚ He also once said “why can’t you be pregnant for a few more months?”. #awwheckno My doctor wanted to induce me on the day of my appt but I convinced him to wait a few more days.  #ihadahairappointment #nailstoo This is going to sound awful... I also didn’t want to have Levi on my birthday.  I ended up being induced on the evening of my birthday! #happybirthdaytome

In typical Leslie fashion, I started to stress about being on time.  So I ended up telling Tall Tan Man to meet me at the hospital, because I was ready to leave.  We were planning on taking two cars anyways {bc my mom was flying in} but I thought we would at least caravan.  πŸ˜‚  When I got to the hospital I had all our bags in my car and instead of waiting for TTM to arrive I carried everything myself.  You should of seen the nurses faces when I walked in...  

In full blown pregnancy brain I tried to put my head through the arm hole of the hospital gown.  Don't you worry, I figured it out.  

TTM got there shortly after that and at about 9:30 PM we started the induction.  We started with the pills, I can't remember what they are called.  The nurse informed me that I could eat something.  I told TTM that I didn't know if I was hungry but he should go get something.  He has a real hard time sitting still especially when it has to do with having a baby.  At 11:30 pm I woke up starving and no TTM.  I texted him and HE HAD GONE TO A FRIENDS HOUSE.      Don't you worry he came quick with McDonald's...  the nurse didn't look too pleased when I told her I had a hamburger!  πŸ˜¬ #butIdidnteatfries  I started feeling regular contractions almost immediately but for some reason my monitor wasn't picking them up.  Turns out the monitor didn't work when I was laying on my side.  

By the morning I had finished all the pills and my doctor wanted to wait and see how I progressed without pitocin.  So I had breakfast with decaf coffee.  I was still anxious about my blood pressure.  By the time my Mom got there {9am}, I was having some good contractions but was still at 3cm.  At 11:30 am they decided they wanted to start pitocin but wanted me to eat lunch first.  #notaproblem 

The nurses kept saying they thought it wouldn't be until the evening when Baby Brother would be born.  TTM asked if he could go to the movie.  I told him no but thought he should get out of the hospital for a little bit... 

I guess you'll have to come back next week to find out the rest!  So take a guess, did he go to the movie?! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...